Note to potential NCLA employees: IT SUCKS

Since I have started this blog I have recieved a number of comments and emails from random people who either work for NCLA or are starting work with them. One comment was actually from a travel agent trying to PROMOTE NCLA!!! Clearly they missed the parts in my blog about the toothless Guamanians or the diseased ravaged deck 9 that nearly caused the Pride of Hawaii to go into dry dock. Put that on the poster, everyone loves a quarantine with their vacation!
I would like to share a few select comments with you that people have left on my blog:
"Anonymous" writes-
"OH MY GOD! This is all I can muster at the moment since I too will be heading off to Deliverence...Point soon.
I hope it was worth the effort/ I'll be a server. You making some decent money??"
"Deliverence Point" is a reference to the NCLA training facility in Piney Point Maryland. It was an awful place and felt a bit like prison, but I don't remember any anal rape, so the "Deliverence" joke is just fucking lame. I do like the "making decent money" question though. Despite the fact that I railed on and on about how much NCLA sucks, how painfully retarded the employees are, what a pathetic excuse for a company it is, AND that I made no money, Anonymous still wonders "how the money is". Here's your life vest sailor!
Here's another comment regarding a blog about my friend/former roommate/Tai-Chi badass George:
Hanasolo writes:
"NCLA rumour is that George stayed shipchasing in Honolulu for a very long time and had to leave after he got severely beaten by locals on a beach one night. NCLA rumour can be more unpredictable than PPR. PPR is Piney Point rumour by the way. Also, it was not fun to have be a girl and have George hit on you. He was an amusing character however."
This was a curious comment. Who is Hanasolo? Obviously a huge nerd, and clearly someone who knew George, or at least was familiar with his courting practices, which was usually some variation of "let's go up to my room and bang, you stupid cow". To casually drop in a comment about George getting assaulted by locals is alarming, and hopefully just rumor. I like to think George got a couple trophies before the locals took him down, an eye here, a finger there, but who knows. I wish I knew who this person was so I could attempt to varify this rumor and send George a fruit basket if he is, in fact, on the mend. I also like the part where she attempts to educate me on "PPR", which is Piney Point Rumor. Yeah, I know, I WAS THERE!
The best comment I recieved BY FAR was from an NCLA recruiter wishing me luck and enjoying my commentary. I couldn't believe it. People from NCLA actually found this blog and read it. It's wonderful because it gives me a chance to say one final thing to my former sea-bound bretheren.
To those of you from NCLA and those who are preparing to join them: GET SOME DENTAL CARE! PLEASE!!!!!!!
Eat shit and die.
Sincerely,
Mike French

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home