The Freedom Chronicles

This is the place where magic happens.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Who's that good samaritan riding BART? It's me!

I feel very good about myself this morning. I was riding the BART train to work today and I offered up my seat to an elderly woman who otherwise would have been forced to stand, and likely fallen and shattered her frail self upon arrival in Rockridge station.

My reputation as a chivalrous and considerate young man has been in question since a 2005 "door opening incident", so I'm hoping this act of kindness will be observed and restore my tarnished character back to good standing.
This lady was very old, and I might add, did not offer me a "thank you" or even a simple smile, ANY form of gratitude for essentially saving her from a broken hip, or worse, DEATH! It was as though she expected me to get up and offer her my seat! Regardless of the fact that she may be bitter the grim reaper is looming on the horizon, I still did the right thing...and that makes me feel good about me.

You're welcome old lady. No thank you neccessary.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home