Memo to the producers of 24: Die.

Dear producers of 24,
I have been a loyal fan of the show since the beginning, I own the first three seasons on DVD, sat through two seperate "24 hours of 24" marathons on FX, I own a CTU beer coozie, I cried when Edgar died last season, I even picked up trash left by Kiefer Sutherland's Porsche in Beverly Hills! In short, I love this show, which is why it pains me ask the question "what the hell are you guys doing!!!???".
In the wake of last Monday's episode (3/26/07), the one where Jack teamed up with a RETARDED MAN, I felt compelled to write a letter in the hopes that you will stop this hemorrage of awful storylines and get the show back on track.
This season started off strong (Jack was released from a Chinese prison, killed a man by biting him in the jugular, killed Curtis Mack, L.A. got nuked) but then you spiralled out of control by rehashing old plotlines that we've seen a million times and re-introduced new ones that nobody gives a shit about (enter President Logan and his stupid crazy wife). I want to remind you that the viewers of the show do not have alzheimers and we remember when you re-use old plot devices like "the only person with information gets shot and is about to die" or "the bad-guy gets caught and refuses to share any information until he/she gets amnesty from the United States" or the worst one of all "CTU employee has unstable sibling/ex-lover/off-spring that shows up unannounced and causes problems during a national crisis". Enough is enough.
I suggest you fire your current writing staff and give the show a complete overhaul. My friend and fellow Bauer fan Eric and I have come up with some potential 24 plotlines that will discourage the use of any current plot devices that you all seem so fond of.
1) Jack Bauer battles Zombies.
2) Jack Bauer goes back to the Chinese prison, spends most of the season tunneling out, then ends up in the show Prison Break.
3) Jack Bauer teams up with John McClane from Die Hard (not really a plot there, it would just be kick-ass).
I beg that you cut out the cancerous writing staff that is killing my beloved show and rescue it before they bring back the RETARDED MAN and the show flatlines dead on the floor of it's monday night time slot. There is still life left in this show, it's not too late!!! Can't you see it's in pain??? Give it the shot!!! GIVE MY DAUGHTER THE SHOT!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Mike French
Loyal viewer

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home