The Freedom Chronicles

This is the place where magic happens.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Worst reviwed film of 2007 or possibly ever

While sitting here at work going through my usual afternoon routine of doing nothing, I found myself on the website rottentomatoes.com reading movie reviews. The site pools hundreds of different critics reviews and then based on the number of good and bad reviews gives the film a percentage (for example 100% would be great, 45% would suck).
My morbid curiosity somehow led me to the reviews of a recently released war comedy called "Delta Farce". The film recieved a paltry 3%! Reading on, the film recieved some of the most scathing and entertaining reviews I have read since the release of "Cabin Boy" (1993) which was a flaming-turd of a movie.

A selection of "Delta Farce" reviews:

"One of those movies that's great until the movie starts."
-Kam Williams, AALBC.com

"A salad bar of misogyny, homophobia and hatred for all things that aren't A) American, B) male, and C) stupid."
-Scott Weinberg, Cinematical

"An almost inconceivably bad movie, i.e., it is so bad that it is hard to conceive how someone could have conceived it."
-Eric D. Snider, EricDSnider.com

"Even fans of gay-rape jokes are likely to feel burned out by the movie’s end."
-Luke Y. Thompson, L.A. Weekly

"A mindless comedy where the blatant racial stereotypes are outnumbered only by the flatulence jokes."
-Peter Hartlaub, San Francisco Chronicle

"The liveliest battle in this atrocious service comedy is fighting the urge to leave midway through."
-Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune

"Like Paths Of Glory, Apocalypse Now, and Platoon, Delta Farce is a difficult, harrowing work offering little relief or humor. Unlike those movies, though, Delta Farce is supposed to be funny."
-Steven Hyden, Onion AV Club

"Perhaps best enjoyed by persons who have been lobotomized. After the first 30 minutes (I'm being generous), you may well feel like you have been."
-Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)

This movie must really be bad because I checked Cabin Boy's rankings and it scored a vastly superior 45%. If I were the writer, director, or producer of Delta Farce and I saw that Cabin Boy out scored my movie by 42%, I would consider a career change or possibly joining some kind of Witness Relocation Program because more than likely Roger Ebert is getting a posse together and they're gonna to string you up from the Hollywood sign with a message that reads "This is what happens to lazy filmmakers around here!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home