The Freedom Chronicles

This is the place where magic happens.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Merv Griffin (my former employer) dies at 82

Merv Griffin, former talk show host and creator of such awesome game shows as Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune and also employer of my Pool Boy Services, died of prostate cancer at age 82. I worked as the pool boy at the Griffin owned Beverly Hilton in 2001. He lived in the penthouse and would frequent my pool area often, always quick to tell me how leaf-free the pool was. He let his dog and his annoying grandchildren run wild and disrupt all the hotel patrons and I got to clean up the mess. But he was a cool guy and liked to chat with me, and as I read one of his many obits littering the internet, he was quite a famous person as well (and questionably gay which may have explained his interest in pool boy affairs).

Merv Griffin - Singer, Talk Show Host, Game Show Innovator, Vanna White Enabler, Hotel Owner, Dog Enthusiast...and Pool Boy Appreciator.
Farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home